Gino Severini
Italian 1883-1966
Dynamic Hieroglyphic of The Bal Tabarin 1912
This painting caught my eyes because of the colors, as they are so vivid. The painting has so much details and lines; it’s so expressive and vibrant. The painting is so mesmerizing, I kept looking at it trying to figure it out and the longer I looked at the more I seen more details. I notice a woman’s face on the top of the painting and kind of a man’s face towards the bottom of the painting.
After reading the description of the painting then I was able to see the woman brown curls and her beautiful, colorful dress. It was definitely a captivating painting. The painting makes you use your imagination and put images together; like looking up at the sky and making up images with the shapes of the clouds. I love the painting as it’s full of stories. It’s like a moving image.
I enjoyed the trip to the MoMA. This was my first time there and I trully enjoyed it and all the paintings and sculptures where great. I wish one was allowed to take pictures of the German Expressionism exhibit because I loved it. The paintings were so different and so intense, its a great exhibit.
No comments:
Post a Comment